It was time to do a face lift on the blog that pretty much have looked the same for 10 years:
But I wasn’t really fond of the idea of just fixing up the looks – the code for dasBlog hadn’t been touched for several years. Perhaps it was time to change blog engine as well. After having looked around a bit, for example this blog post by Hanselman, my eyes fell on MiniBlog by Mads Kristensen. A really small ASP.NET MVC based, open source, blog engine.
It was quite simple, just:
- Clone the code from GitHub
- Convert all the old dasBlog posts to MiniBlog format with the MiniBlogFormatter-tool.
- Create a custom theme based on one of the existing ones.
- Publish from Visual Studio.
- …and some DNS fixes, of course.
Bam! Done in less than an hour – I’m impressed how easy it was..
Still running in the cloud – on Azure.